January 28th, 2006
I like to eat this over brown rice.
2 red snapper fillets (tilapia is a great substitute)
1/2 cup of white wine (if you can't seem to keep your wine around for cooking, buy a bottle of vermouth)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon prepared wasabi
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon of minced parsley
1 ripe Haas avocado peeled and diced
1. Place fillets and wine in a shallow dish and marinate for an hour.
2. Remove the fillets, set aside wine.
3. Pat dry the fillets with paper towel and brush both sides with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle each side with paprika.
4. Grill (or broil) 4~5 minutes or until cooked through.
5. In medium skillet sauté onion in the remaining butter until tender.
6. Whisk in the flour and seasoned salt.
7. Add the wine slowly and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
8. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sour cream and wasabi.
The sauce should have a gravy-like consistency. If necessary adjust sauce
consistency by adding small amounts of water.
9. Return the skillet to low heat and warm sauce until heated through, add
the lemon juice.
10. Spoon the sauce over the fillets and sprinkle with parsley and avocado.